LOW LEVEL DRUM ALARM warns of empty drums with a bright flashing LED and a loud beeper when liquid level is low.
Drum Low Level Control…
- Always on duty because the liquid suction tube is permanently attached to the alarm unit.
- It can go anywhere because its battery powered. No need for power outlets.
- Uninterruptible battery power lasts for years. Lithium battery included.
- Loud warbling tone cuts through the loudest industrial noise.
- Rugged. Built for rough, wet and corrosive environments.
- Protects your pumps from debris with an intake screen.
- Adjustable depth using a thumbscrew.
- No metal parts to corrode.
MONITOR LOW LIQUID LEVEL IN DRUMS continuously with the Drum Alarm™. Quick and easy to install – simply connect the battery and your liquid suction line and you’re ready to go!
Various mounting styles available for any container. The slip-on cap is the most popular as it makes transfer to new drums so easy since you don’t have to screw it in, instead it just drops over the bung.
On the other hand, threaded drum plug mounting is more secure and can seal the drum when noxious vapors are a problem.
An attached suction pipe can’t be separated from the float switch, so the level alarm is always on duty. The rigid suction pipe ensure that your pump is always drawing liquid from below the alarm point. At the same time, adjusting the depth to the bottom of a drum makes sure the maximum all the chemical is extracted from your drums a the float switch leaves only a couple of millimeters of residue.
Removable screen built into the suction pipe guards your pumps from debris or crystals.
In addition, the bottom of the pipe is designed to accept an optional check valve for pumps that lose their prime.
Uninterruptible battery power works despite power failures, can’t come unplugged. Because the Drum Alarms don’t use any power until alarming, the batteries last for years.
Secure compression tubing connection eliminates air leakage into your feed lines.
Models with built-in flow indicator allows you to verify flowrate and inspect the solution. (all models except DLK)
All models are adjustable depth with a convenient thumbscrew. All are available to fit any container size.
- DLA series incorporates an slip-on cap for fast drum transfers. Includes flowmeter.
- DLAX is the same thing but without flowmeter.
- DLP models include a 2″ NPS threaded plug. (the fine drum thread) DLPX has no flowmeter.
- DLB models have 2″ buttress thread. (coarse – 1.5 threads per inch) DLBX means no flowmeter.
- DLK series has no liquid suction pipe – alarm only. Mounts in the 3/4″ NPT thread common on steel drums. Add an adapter to mount on the 2″ NPS or Buttress threaded bung.
For the above models, here is the lettering system:
P= NPS plug
B= Buttress thread plug
A= slip-on cap
X =no flowmeter.
Different materials available on all drumalarms. Polypropylene is used 95% of the time but Kynar or 316 stainless steel are available. Contact us to order these.
LOW LEVEL DRUM ALARM [DLK-55G]
Some Chemicals Commonly Used with polypropylene Drum Alarms:
- Aqueous Ammonia (conc.)
- Aqueous solutions to 100°C
- Hydrochloric acid (conc.)
- Nitric acid (30%)
- Oils (including waste oils)
- Potassium carbonate (40%)
- Sodium hydroxide (50%)
- Sulfuric acid 70%
- Sodium Hypochlorite
The following are not compatible with the acrylic flowmeter:
- Sulfuric acid 98%
- Lactic acid
- Peracetic acid
- Perchloric acid
DLA-PP and DLAX-PP
Slip-on lid, with liquid suction pipe
DLP-PP and DLB-PP
2″NPT mount, with liquid suction pipe
3/4″NPT mount, no liquid suction pipe
Alternate Color LED
Default color is red. Amber, Blue, green, and white are options. [BL-x] $11
Silencing Button/Low Battery Alert
The addition of a circuit board causes the button to silence the buzzer. (while LED continues to flash) Includes a low battery warning. Resets automatically when level corrected.
AC Power Cord
When plug-in AC power is preferred. No battery. Comes with 3-prong plug and 8-foot rubber-jacketed SJOOW cord. Power convertor is inside the enclosure.
The addition of a circuit board provides a relay output to your PLC. The drum alarm continues to function independently. The circuit makes the push button silence buzzer. Includes 10ft of communications cable. link to PLC page
Buzzer Volume Control
Snap-on “muffler” reduces the volume by 20db and anywhere in between by rotating slots.