The LINE-POWERED ALARM BOX takes a contact close and annunciates with loud buzzer and flashing LED.
Alarm Box Features
- Flashing beacon LED is visible in daylight.
- Loud warbling tone cuts through the loudest industrial noise.
- Rugged. Built for rough, wet and corrosive environments.
- Illuminated push button indicates power present.
- Compact – box measures only 5 x 5 x 2 inches.
- Relay Output – 15A @ 120 VAC relay.
- Waterproof enclosure is rated for outdoor use. (IP65)
- Snooze alarm – buzzer repeats every 30 mins.
THE ALARM PANEL BOX ANNUNCIATOR takes a contact closure from sensing devices such as a float switches, reed switches, or limit switches, and turns it into an audio and visual alarm that can’t be ignored.
- When your device provides a contact close, the beacon flashes and the warbling buzzer sounds. The button silences the piezo-buzzer while the beacon light continues to flash as a reminder until the alarm condition is corrected. When the alarm condition is cleared, it resets automatically for the next alarm.
- A “snooze-alarm” mode repeats the buzzer output every 30 minutes. (can be disabled if needed on the PCB)
- Illuminated push-button to show that that power is on.
- Pushbutton tests the circuit when unit is not actively alarming.
- 15A relay switches a load using the piggyback plug, or with model AB-3R, using a separate short cord. (or pigtail receptacle) Either model is field settable to N.O or N.C.
- Waterproof enclosure is rated IP65. (NEMA 4X)
- Installation is as simple as connecting to your device’s contact close (or open) to the communications cable, and then plug in the power cord.
- Different behaviors available on the circuit board such as tank filling (the silence button disables the alarm until next fill-up, snooze alarm or not, N.O. or N.C. relay.
AB-2R has a 10 foot cord with piggyback plug with NEMA 5-15 plugs. (the standard 120VAC household plug pattern) The optional mini-stack light model would be AB-2R-S2.
AB-3R models do not use a piggyback cord so they can accommodate different voltages and outputs including a dry contact output.
The AB-3R voltage input and relay output are contained in a common cable. A rubber-covered SJOOW cord for 110V and higher, or a PVC jacketed communications cable for voltages lower than this. The contact close is in a separate communications cable.
For AB-3R units operating from 120V, and when a piggyback plug is not wanted, there is an option for a 6 inch female receptacle dangling from the box, known as a “pigtail plug”” to plug in 120V devices.
AB-2R (120V PIGGYBACK CORD)
AB-3R (TWO CORDS)
This connector makes it easy to disconnect the cable, and Also makes it easy to snake through tight places when installing.
Extra cable length over the standard 10ft length. Heavy 0.032″ jacket for superior durability, eight stranded conductors x 24 gage.