HIGH LEVEL DRUM ALARM alarm with flashing LED and a loud buzzer stops overfilling.
A Better Overfill Alarm…
- Always on duty because the liquid suction tube is permanently attached to the alarm unit.
- It can go anywhere because its battery powered. No need for power outlets.
- Uninterruptible battery power lasts for years. Lithium battery included.
- Loud warbling tone cuts through the loudest industrial noise.
- Rugged. Built for rough, wet and corrosive environments.
- Transfer to a new drum is easy: no need to fiddle around with tube connections.
- A functional check is simple – just lift the Drum Alarm out of the drum.
- No wetted metal parts.
Our overfill alarms for drums lets you pump liquids into chemical drums and containers without having to check the level. When the level gets above the float switch, a loud buzzer sounds and LED flashes to let you know.
Easy to install the high level Drum Alarm: once the battery is installed, simply drop it into a drum and you’re ready to go! No wiring. Lets you forget about overfilling for good.
ANY MOUNTING STYLE
These liquid level alarms can be adapted to any drum. For example the mounting cap on the DHA-5 Drum Alarm makes it easy to switch to a new drum when the old one is full since you don’t have to disconnect tubing while you unscrew a cap – it just drops over the bung. The cap keeps debris out of the drum, and suppresses vapors even liquid ammonia.
Alternatively, there are threaded styles that mount on 2″ NPS, 2″ Buttress, or 3/4″ NPT drum openings.
The Drum Alarms come with or without attached feeding tube. The DHA-5, DHB-7 and DHP-7 drum alarms with attached tube guarantee the alarm stays with the feed pipe so an operator cannot forget it. Your tubing is secured with a polypropylene compression fitting to eliminate chance hose disconnection or air leaks.
Float switch is protected inside a rigid pipe so it can get knocked around without worry – a feature unique to Gizmo Engineering.
Adjustable depth on all models with no tools required. Just loosen the thumb knob and slide the pipe to set the desired depth.
Uninterruptible battery power works through power failures, can’t come unplugged. And, because the Drum Alarms don’t use any power until alarming, the batteries last for years. Nevertheless a battery test button is included on all models.
Polypropylene is the standard material because it is suitable for almost all chemicals, it has very good toughness, and will tolerate temperatures up to 200ºF. Nevertheless for extreme applications, PVDF and stainless steel are available. Please contact us for a quote on these.
Built for tough industrial environments. Waterproof, acid -proof, PVC housing, with Lexan LED lens, stainless steel buzzer diaphragm. No matter what your environment, these are guaranteed against all hazards for one year.
The drum alarms can be split into two types: those with a feed pipe, and those without feed pipe. All high level drum alarms have an adjustable working depth from their maximum to as little as 2 inches.
Alarms without feed pipe have only one pipe and so they can fit in the ¾” NPT bung. Can be adjusted from 2″ to 7″ working depth. Model DHK-PP or DHK-KF.
Models with a liquid feed pipe have two pipes and so they require the space of a 2″ bung. There are different mounting options as follows:
- DHA has a slip-on cap that is quick and easy to transfer from drum to drum. Depth is adjustable with a thumbscrew from 2-5 inches. Liquid feed pipe is welded to the float pipe so it can’t be forgotten.
- DHP has a threaded drum plug mount. 2″ NPS thread. Working depth is adjustable from 2-7 inches using a thumbscrew. Liquid feed pipe is removable to allow the drum plug to unscrewed without winding the liquid tubing.
- DHB is the same as DHP but has a 2″ Buttress thread.(the coarse one on a drum with only 3 threads)
DHA DHP DHB
2 inch bung. With liquid feed pipe.
No liquid feed pipe. Fits in 3/4″ bung.
DHA DHP DHB
With liquid feed pipe. Fits in 2″ bung.
Silencing Button/Low Battery Alert
The Drumalarm already comes with a Button that tests the unit: this option adds a circuit that allows an operator to silence the buzzer while LED continues to flash. Resets automatically. Includes a low battery warning.
A circuit board allows you to select N.C. or N.O. output to your PLC. Includes button to silence buzzer. Includes 10ft of communications cable. more info
AC Power Cord
When plug-in AC power is preferred. Comes with 3-prong plug and 8-foot rubber-jacketed cord. Power convertor inside box.
Buzzer Volume Control
Sometimes our buzzers are too loud. Snap-on “muffler” reduces the volume by 20 db and anywhere in between just by rotating the slots. [V-1] $6
Alternate Color LED
Default color is red. Amber, Blue, green, and white are options. [BL-x] $11