The DRUM SUCTION PIPE draws chemical from the bottom of your drum to eliminate pumping air.
A BETTER WAY TO FEED CHEMICALS
- The rigid polypropylene pipe can be adjusted so it always reaches the bottom of your drum for perfect flow without pumps becoming air locked.
- Drums are pumped out nearly completely which will reducing wasted residual chemical.
- There is a built-in suction screen to keep particles/debris/crystals out of your pump. This screen is removable and replaceable.
- Included compression fitting accommodates any tubing size from 1/4″ to 3/4″ tubing O.D.
- Optional check valve available.
- Adjustable depth
The Drum Suction Pipe also called a pickup tube, draw tube, drum wand is the best way to extract chemicals from drums because they solve the problems with dangling a plastic tubing into a drum. Often plastic tubing is inserted in a drum and it either it doesn’t reach down to the liquid at the bottom of the drum, or it did at one time but then lost its postion because they are usually not secured very well. Or the tubing can lose its plasticizers over time and cracks, or curls up. Either way the result is the same: your pump draws air instead of chemicals. Of course you get no warning when this happens.
We offer different suction pipes built specifically for the job of drawing chemicals from drums. Choice of 2″NPT thread (most common) or 2″ Buttress thread (the coarse thread which requires fewer turns to screw in) Further discussion on drum threads here.
The models that fit into 2 inch bungs (DP and DB models) use a 3/4″ pipe which allows a larger foot-screen area at the bottom. The 3/4″ NPS mount (DK) uses a 1/2″ pipe which is the maximum that can fit into a 3/4″ NPT thread of the drum.
If your application requires material with higher chemical resistance suh as PVDF or Stainless Steel, please contact us for a quote.
A check valve is a common accessory for our suction pipes. It eliminates re-priming the pump when transferring the suction pipe to a new drum. This is not a must for self-priming pumps like bellows or peristaltic, but even for these pumps it stops the residue of chemical in the pipe from backwashing into the empty drum. more info
2 inch NPS or Buttress
[DB-P and DP-P]
2 inch NPS or Buttress
[DBX-P and DPX-P]
3/4 inch NPS bung