The DRUM SUCTION PIPE draws chemical from the bottom of your drum to eliminate pumping air.
A BETTER WAY TO FEED CHEMICALS
- The rigid polypropylene pipe can be adjusted so it always reaches the bottom of your drum for perfect flow without pumps becoming air locked.
- Drums are pumped out nearly completely which will reducing wasted residual chemical.
- There is a built-in suction screen to keep particles/debris/crystals out of your pump. This screen is replaceable.
- Included compression fitting accommodates any tubing size from 1/4″ to 3/4″ tubing O.D.
- Optional acrylic flow indicator lets you conveniently monitor the flow.
- Optional check valve available.
- Adjustable depth
The Drum Suction Pipe, pickup tube, or draw tube, is the best way to extract chemicals from drums because they solve the problems with dangling a plastic flexible tubing into a drum. Often the tubing is inserted so it doesn’t reach down to the liquid at the bottom of the drum, which results in the pump drawing air. Or the tubing loses it plasticizers over time and cracks, or curls up, which again causes the pump to draw air. Of course you get no warning when this happens.
We offer different suction pipes built specifically for the task of drawing chemicals from drums. Choice of 2″NPT thread (most common) or 2″ Buttress thread (the coarse thread which requires fewer turns to screw in) or for the 3/4″ bung on metal drums we offer a 3/4″ NPT thread. Further discussion on drum threads here.
Also a choice of materials: polypropylene is most common but Kynar and 316 stainless steel are available for applications that require it.
2 inch Bung
[DB-P and DP-P]
2 inch Bung
[DBX-P and DPX-P]
3/4 inch bung
A better way to prop up your drum so you can extract the last residue. Sure a block of wood could do the trick but will your customers be impressed by it during factory inspections?