ROTATION ALARM detects when PLATING BARRELS STOP TURNING. Stops scrap and rework.
STOP SCRAP AND REWORK…
- Waterproof – meant for tough industrial environments.
- Loud 103dB warbling tone cuts through the loudest industrial noise.
- Rugged. Built for rough, wet and corrosive environments.
- Simple. Easy to use like a kitchen timer.
- Compact enclosure measures only 5 x 5 inches.
- Easy to set the time.
- Everything include
Plating barrels stop rotating for all sorts of reasons – broken gears, broken motors, failed electronics, barrels out of the saddle, to name a few. Whenever one of these happens and the rotation stops, it costs money or time. This Plating barrel rotation alarm will prevent this lost work due to stoppage of rotation by giving a loud alarm and flashing LED. Once installed there is nothing to do as its fully automatic. The only action for an operator to take is to silence the buzzer if an alarm occurs.
The Plating Barrel Rotation Aalarm is activated when a barrel enters the tank by a switch mounted on the tank rim. This switch is usually an inductive proximity sensor, but other types of switch like a lever arm switch will also work. Once the barrel has been detected in the tank, the timer starts counting down. It then must get a confirmation that the barrel is rotating, or else an alarm is given. To detect the rotation, a magnet mounted on the rotating cylinder is detected by the probe. (also mounted on the tank rim) Once the magnet is detected, the front button illuminates briefly. If however the magnet is not detected, an alarm sounds.
The alarm even knows if the rotation stops with the magnet stuck in front of the sensor probe. In this event, and alarm is also given.
- Waterproof, corrosion-proof This unit was built for the plating industry to take acid fumes, caustic chemicals, and is comfortable being hosed down. IP65 enclosure.
- Backlit time display.
- Corrosion proof wetted parts – polypropylene reed switch probe, thermoset rubber magnet with titanium screw, PVC enclosure and cable, and PVC mounting brackets with 316 stainless steel screws and nuts are designed for corrosive environments.
- Loud warbling buzzer volume is 103dB @ 2 ft.
- Can be powered by 120VAC or various DC voltages.
- The magnet in mounted somewhere on the rotating plating barrel. The end discs are a good location as they are close to the sides of the tank where it is convenient to mount the reed switch probe. A titanium screw is provided to mount the magnet.
- Mount the reed switch probe on the tank where it will sense the magnet. (within 1 inch of the magnet) The mounting kit included makes this easy. installation video here.
- Mount the electronics box on the outside of the tank.
- Mount the pre-wired proximity switch on your tank. The proximity switch has a range of up to 25-35mm depending on the size of the target.
- Setting the preferred time is as easy as setting a kitchen timer by pressing the internal buttons.
DETERMINING PROBE LENGTH
Magnet probe detector comes in either 12 or 16 inch lengths. To choose the length, measure the depth of the barrel axis below the tank rim, and choose the one that’s closest.
RA-5 BASIC OPERATION
RA-5 WITH LEVER SWITCH
RA-5 TANK VIEW
Barrel Rotation Alarm including one magnet, titanium mounting screw, proximity switch and bracket, probe and mounting bracket for the probe with 316SS fasteners.
Rare earth magnet encapsulated in rubber. Each magnet comes with a titanium mounting screw. (M3 x 15mm) Each barrel requires one magnet.