FLOW ALARM detects continuous or intermittent liquid flow with a loud beeper and flashing LED.
DETECTS HIGH OR LOW FLOW…
Suited for pulsing flow from diaphragm pumps.
Loud beeping cuts through the loudest industrial noise.
Rugged. Built for rough, wet and corrosive environments in waterproof enclosure.
Suitable for corrosive chemicals. Polypropylene housing, monel spring.
Convenient test button to check function.
Ultra low power consumption. Battery lasts for 10 years with standby current.
The Flow Alarm detects high or low liquid flow. If there is insufficient flow to activate the moving shuttle switch, a flashing LED and loud buzzer activate.
Two modes of operation: one detects any flow failure for pumps that must run 24/7. Another mode meant for controllers that pump intermittently, only gives an alarm when the dosing pump is energized. is supplied to your pump. (so when the dosing pump is not required to pump, the Flow Alarm does not alarm) When the dosing pump is energized by process sensing equipment, the FA-4 waits for 10 seconds for flow to become established, and then gives an alarm if needed.
For pulsing flows, the circuit buffers the readings so fluctuations are filtered. If there is a continuous 10 seconds without ever hitting the minimum 300ml/min flow, then the unit responds. This way the unit can detect average flow of less than 300ml as long as there are spikes over 300ml/min.
- During an alarm, the green button can be pushed to temporarily silence the alarm. An optional snooze-alarm feature sounds the alarm again after 30 mins.
- Test button where there is no active alarm.
- Power failure alarm built in.
- There is no real limit to the maximum flow except that it is a 3/4″ NPT pipe fittings.
- Reversible logic so it detects either presence of flow or lack of flow.
- Low battery alarm.
- The flow switch is polypropylene with a monel spring to push the shuttle in the “no flow” position so it can be mounted in any orientation.
- Flow switch fitting size is 3/4″ NPT. Can be adapted to 1/2″ using reducing bushings.
- Lithium battery included.
- Power consumption (idle) 11 µA
- Power consumption during alarm 30 mA
- Maximum current 15A
- Piezo buzzer volume 103 dB at 2 feet
- Piezo buzzer diaphragm stainless steel
- Weight without battery 181g
- Minimum flowrate 300 ml/min
- Low battery alert behavior 5 sec. beep every 30 sec.
- Fitting size 3/4″ NPT (female)
- Maximum pressure 120 psi
- Pressure drop 10 psi @15L/min
- Thread size 3/4″ N.P.T.
FA-4 FLOW ALARM
Extra cable length over the standard length. Heavy 0.032″ jacket for superior durability, Eight stranded conductors x 24 gage.