FLOW ALARM detects continuous or intermittent liquid flow with a loud beeper and flashing LED.
DETECTS HIGH OR LOW FLOW…
Suited for pulsing flow from diaphragm pumps.
Loud beeping cuts through the loudest industrial noise.
Rugged. Built for rough, wet and corrosive environments in waterproof enclosure.
Suitable for corrosive chemicals. Polypropylene housing, monel spring.
Convenient test button to check function.
Detects power failures when 24/7 flow is required.
The Flow Alarm can be configured for either intermittent flow which is suitable for either dosing pumps that dose occasionally, or continuous flow operations. Both modes of operation sense liquid using a magnetic shuttle switch that is pushed into position when liquid impinges on it. Both modes can detect flow or lack of flow. Both modes have a snooze alarm feature to temporarily silence the buzzer after an alarm.
The Flow Alarm is energized by the power to the dosing pump connected through a piggyback plug. When power is present, it waits for 10 seconds for flow to become established, and then give an alarm if flow isn’t detected. The shuttle requires a peak flow of 300 ml per minute to activate. Can be set for high or low liquid flow by reversing the shuttle
For pulsing flows, the circuit buffers the readings so fluctuations are filtered. If there is a continuous 10 seconds without ever hitting the minimum 300ml/min flow, then the unit responds. This way the unit can detect average flow of less than 300ml as long as there are spikes over 300ml/min.
For pumps that must run 24/7 the Flow Alarm runs in a different mode that includes a power failure alarm so it alarms whenever there is flow. (or no flow) Again the shuttle switch detects the presence (or absence of) flow or an alarm is given. In addition, if there is a power failure, the Flow Alarm has a battery backup that sounds an alarm.
- When there is an alarm, the push-button can be pressed to temporarily silence the alarm. An optional snooze-alarm feature sounds the alarm again after 30 mins.
- Test button where there is no active alarm.
- Power failure alarm built in.
- There is no real limit to the maximum flow except that it is a 3/4″ NPT pipe fittings.
- Reversible logic so it detects either presence of flow or lack of flow.
- Low battery alarm.
The physical form of the unit is a plug box that plugs into an outlet. Power is passed through to your pump by plugging into the receptacle of the plug box.
- The flow switch is polypropylene with a monel spring to push the shuttle so it can be mounted in any orientation.
- Flow switch fitting size is 3/4″ NPT. Can be adapted to 1/2″ using reducing bushings.
- Lithium battery included.
- Maximum current passed through to your pump…15A
- Minimum flowrate …300 ml/min
- Fitting size …3/4″ NPT (female)
- Maximum liquid pressure …120 psi
- Power consumption (idle)… 11 µA
- Power consumption during alarm …30 mA
- Piezo buzzer volume …103 dB at 2 feet
- Piezo buzzer diaphragm …stainless steel
- Weight without battery …181g
- Plug box size …4 x 3 x 3 inches.
- Low battery alert behavior 5 sec. beep every 30 sec.
- Pressure drop …10 psi @15L/min
FA-4 FLOW ALARM
Extra cable length over the standard length. Heavy 0.032″ jacket for superior durability, Eight stranded conductors x 24 gage.