TANK LEVEL ALARM responds to high or low liquid level with a bright flashing LED and a loud buzzer.
HIGH LEVEL TANK ALARM (TH-PP-20)
Better Tank Level Control…
- Always on duty because it uses uninterruptible battery power. Battery lasts for years.
- Loud warbling tone cuts through the loudest industrial noise.
- Rugged. Built for rough, wet and corrosive environments.
- Reliable float switch is protected inside a pipe.
- Safe. 9 volt circuit in a waterproof enclosure.
- No wetted metal parts.
- Low battery alert is built in.
- Different behaviors built-in. Tank-filling mode, snooze alarm.
THE TANK LEVEL ALARM prevents overfilling of liquids. Very easy to install – just screw the tank-mount into the tank fitting. Battery powered units need no wiring, no electricians.
Uninterruptible battery power works through power failures, can’t come unplugged, or be defeated. And because the Tank Alarms don’t use any power until alarming, the batteries last for years. Discussion about batteries Nevertheless, we offer wired solutions when needed.
Easy to adjust the depth of the Tank Level Alarms – just loosen the compression fitting by hand and slide the level alarm to the correct depth. Adapters for any mounting situation. (2″ NPT, bolt-on flange, bulkhead feedthrough etc.
Float switch is protected inside a pipe. This protection of the level float is unique feature of Gizmo Engineering level alarms. Screw-on float guard allows inspection of the float. For liquids with solids, debris, we offer an optional screened-in float guard.
Weatherproof enclosure – PVC enclosure is rated IP65. (NEMA4X) High-visibility beacon LED is clearly visible outdoors. Buzzer is very loud – like a smoke alarm.
Push button to test the battery or to silence the alarm is included. Different modes are field settable.
- In the default mode, the LED to continues to flash after the button is pressed to silence the buzzer. (snooze alarm)
- The snooze can be disabled.
- In the tank-filling mode the LED and buzzer both turn off until the next high level event. (resets itself automatically)
Polypropylene models have polypropylene pipe and a PTFE float switch.
PVDF models have all Kynar pipe and the same PTFE float switch.
Stainless steel tank level alarms also available – please contact us.
Any Depth. Standard level alarm are available up to 60″ in 10″ increments. TH-PP-10 has a working depth of 10 inches for example. Depths referred to are working depths which means the distance that the alarm extends into the tank not counting the electronics enclosure. Custom depths have been made 20 feet deep.
Lithium battery is included.
Includes a threaded reducing bushing to adapt the 1″ NPT compression fitting threads to 2″ NPT. If you are mounting through a hole, ask for a PVC retaining nut (1″ NPT) We have mounted these on just about any tank or vessel imaginable. See other mounting options section below. If you don’t see what you need, please call!a
TANK ALARM WITH REMOTE SHUTOFF BOX OPTION
Some Chemicals Commonly Used With Gizmo Engineering Tank Alarms:
- Aqueous Ammonia (conc.)
- Aqueous solutions to 100°C
- Chromic acid (50%, Rm. Temp)
- Glycolic acid
- Hydrochloric acid (conc.)
- Nitric acid (30%)
- Oils (including waste oils)
- Potassium carbonate (40%)
- Polyester resin (viscous)
- Sodium hydroxide (50%)
- Sulfuric acid
- Sodium Hypochlorite
RETAINING NUT – 1″ NPT
PP Tank Alarm
PVDF float and pipe