PLATING BARREL ALARM senses if a plating barrel stops rotating and gives an alarm.
STOP LOSING WORK DUE TO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS…
- Waterproof – meant for tough industrial environments.
- Loud 103dB warbling tone cuts through the loudest industrial noise.
- Rugged. Built for rough, wet and corrosive environments.
- Simple. Easy to use like a kitchen timer.
- Compact enclosure measures only 5 x 5 inches.
- Easy to set the time.
Barrels stop rotating for all sorts of reasons – broken gears, broken motors, failed electronics, barrels out of the saddle, to name a few. This barrel alarm will prevent lost work due to lack of rotation by giving a loud alarm. The timer is activated when a barrel enters the tank, and after that, the timer must get a signal that the barrel is rotating or else an alarm is given.
The operation is fully automatic once installed. The only action for an operator to take is to press the “silence” button if an alarm occurs.
Setting the preferred time is as easy as setting a kitchen timer by pressing the buttons.
- Mount the magnet somewhere on the plating barrel that rotates. The end discs are a good location as they are close to the sides of the tank where it is convenient to mount the reed switch probe. Countersinking into the end discs is a good idea to protect the magnet. Titanium screw is provided to mount the magnet.
- Mount the reed switch probe on the tank where it will sense the magnet. (within 1 inch of the magnet)
- Mount the electronics enclosure on the outside of the tank.
- Connect a switch (like a lever arm switch) that will start the timing when the barrel is in the tank.
- Waterproof, corrosion-proof This industrial timer was built for the plating industry to take acid fumes, caustic chemicals, washdown. IP65 enclosure makes this suitable for wet, production floors, industry, or outdoors.
- Backlit display.
- Corrosion proof wetted parts – polypropylene reed switch probe, thermoset rubber magnet with titanium screw, PVC enclosure and cable.
- The loudest buzzer on a timer we know of.
- TB-5 mounts on a tank to protect that tank from barrel rotation failures. Line powered.
- TB-4 mounts on the barrel to protect that barrel from failures. Battery powered.
T5 instructions v5.2 (current)
Operating Instructions V4.1 (jumper pins instead of DIP circa 2018)
Set time easily with external buttons. Also has internal buttons.
Set time with internal buttons so the set time can’t be tampered with.
Four powerful magnets on the feet allow the units to be mounted on metal surfaces like ovens. Rubber-coated for friction so the timer stays put.
Alternate Color LED
Default color is red. Amber, Blue, green, and white are options.
[BL-A] [BL-B] [BL-G] [BL-W] $11
The inductive proximity sensor senses any metal surface as from a rack, and will automatically start and stop the timing cycle. When positioned close to a rack saddle, it can detect as far away as 40 mm. Inductive proximity sensing is the best sensing method for dirty environments because it is unaffected by any amount of dirt over the sensor.
10 foot cable. video
Buzzer Volume Control
Sometimes our buzzers are too loud. Snap-on “muffler” reduces the volume by 20 db and anywhere in between just by rotating the slots. [VM-1] + $6
NIST traceable calibration by an independent laboratory. Our specification is 0.05% tolerance. Certificate will be shipped with the timer and include actual test times for the timer being calibrated. Certificates are also available online through our lab’s website. lab link here