ALARM WITH LOUD BUZZER and flashing LED light triggered by any contact close.
Alarm with buzzer and flashing LED light features
- Flashing beacon LED is visible in daylight.
- Loud warbling tone cuts through the loudest industrial noise.
- Rugged. Built for rough, wet and corrosive environments.
- Illuminated push button indicates power.
- Compact – box measures only 5 x 5 x 2 inches.
- Relay Output – 15A @ 120 VAC relay.
- Waterproof enclosure is rated for outdoor use. (IP65)
- Snooze alarm – buzzer repeats every 30 mins if deisred.
Alarm with buzzer and flashing LED light
takes an input from sensing devices such as a float switches, reed switches, or limit switches, and turns it into an audio and visual alarm that can’t be ignored. Powered by 120VAC or any other line voltage. Also includes a relay output to power other devices that can be conveniently plugged into the plug included.
When the alarm box senses a contact close, (or contact open) there is a slight delay meant for sloshing liquids, then the buzzer sounds and the beacon flashes. When this happens, the annunciation buzzer can be silenced by pressing the front button. After this, the beacon light continues to flash as a reminder until the alarm condition is corrected. When the alarm condition is cleared, the alarm resets automatically so its ready for the next alarm. There are several alternate behaviors available. One of which isthe “Tank Fill” mode where pressing the button stops the buzzer and the beacon LED. This is useful for tank filling operations when the alarm box is simply letting you know that the tank is full, and it is expected to stay full for while.
- A “snooze-alarm” mode repeats the buzzer output every 30 minutes. (can be disabled if needed on the PCB)
- Pushbutton tests the circuit when unit is not actively alarming.
- Waterproof enclosure is rated IP65. (NEMA 4X)
- Installation is as simple as connecting to your device’s contact close (or open) to the communications cable, and then plug in the power cord.
- Different behaviors available on the circuit board such as tank filling (the silence button disables the alarm until next fill-up, snooze alarm or not, N.O. or N.C. relay.
- 15A relay switches a load using either our piggyback plug, or else a standard drop cord. (with model AB-3R)
- Either model is field settable to N.O or N.C.
- Compact enclosure is 5x5x2″.
The alarm boxes with buzzer and flashing LED light include a 10 foot cable to connect to your contact close device. If more length is needed, this is an option in the ordering section at the bottom of this page. (So if 10 feet is ordered, this will be in addition to the 10 feet that is included, for a total of 20 feet of cable)
The alarm boxes are configured out of the box to alarm on contact open. This can be changed by setting the DIP switches according to the instructions below.
AB-2R has a 10 foot cord with a piggyback plug on the end. This piggyback plug makes it easy to plug your device in.
AB-3R models do not use a piggyback cord but instead use two separate cords. This allows it to accommodate different outputs including a dry contact output. A contact close uses a communications cable.
A miniature stack light can be added to either model for more visible status. This feature is designated with the suffix –S3. (so AB-3R-S3 with stack light would be for example)
AB-2R (120V PIGGYBACK CORD)
AB-3R (TWO CORDS)
This connector makes it easy to disconnect the cable, and Also makes it easy to snake through tight places when installing.
Miniature Stack Light
Replaces the beacon with a more visible tower style light that signals the status. go to page
Extra cable length over the standard length of 10 feet. Heavy 0.032″ jacket for superior durability. Four stranded conductors x 24 gage.
Float Switch Level Probe – Polypropylene
Float rigid polypropene pipe mounted with 1 inch NPT cord grip. Attaches to the supplied 10ft cable. link to level probe page
Buzzer Volume Control
Sometimes our buzzers are too loud. Snap-on “muffler” reduces the volume by 20 db and anywhere in between just by rotating the slots. [V-1] $6
Different Buzzer Tones
Different buzzer tones to audibly identify different units. Hear the different tone types here. [BZ-xx] $18