TANK LEVEL ALARM gives a bright flashing LED and a loud buzzer if liquid level gets too high or low.
Better Tank Level Warning…
- Always on duty because it uses uninterruptible battery power. Battery lasts for years.
- Loud warbling tone cuts through the loudest industrial noise.
- Rugged. Built for rough, wet environments.
- Reliable float switch is protected inside a pipe.
- Safe and convenient. 9 volt battery power.
- High level alarm or low level alarm with reversible float switch.
- No wetted metal parts.
- Low battery alert is built in.
- Different behaviors built-in.
TANK LEVEL ALARM…
prevents overfilling by sounding an alarm when liquid level changes triggers the float switch. These level alarms are very easy to install – after you snap in the battery, just mount it on your tank. No cumbersome wiring needed.
WHY ITS BETTER
Uninterruptible battery power works through power failures, can’t come unplugged, or be defeated. And, because the Tank Alarms don’t use any power until alarming, the batteries last for years. Here’s a discussion about batteries. Nevertheless, for those situations that need it, we also offer wired liquid level alarms.
The depth of the Tank Level Alarms is easy to adjust just by loosening the compression fitting by hand, and then sliding the level alarm to the preferred depth.
Float switch is protected inside a float guard. The float guard protects the float from all physical damage from shipping, to installation. When necessary it can be unscrewed by hand to allow inspection of the float. For tanks containing solids or debris, we offer a version of the float guard that has a screen to keep out the debris. Both of these are unique innovations of Gizmo Engineering.
Rugged weatherproof enclosure is made from PVC and is rated IP65. (NEMA4X) Suitable for outdoor service. High-visibility beacon LED is clearly visible in daylight. The buzzer produces a volume of 103dB at 2ft. This volume is comparable to a smoke alarm. Furthermore, the buzzer tone is a warbling tone which makes the apparent volume even more noticeable. This alarm will be noticed!
The push button is a convenient way to test the alarm when its not actively alarming. However if the unit is in an alarm state, the pushbutton silences the alarm.
Different operating modes are built-in to suit your needs. Here is a list of the modes available:
- In the default mode, the LED to continues to flash after the push button is pressed to silence the buzzer. If the alarm condition still exists after 30 minutes, the buzzer sounds again until silenced. We call this the “snooze alarm” mode.
- If preferred, the snooze alarm feature can be disabled. In this mode, pressing the button will silence the buzzer until the next alarm condition. Meanwhile the LED continues to flash.
- Lastly, in the “tank-filling” mode, the pushbutton turns off the LED and buzzer until the next high level event. (the tank alarm resets itself automatically) This is useful when a bulk tank is being filled by a tank truck; the driver wants to know when the tank is full and then shuts off the alarm. No need to have the beacon LED flashing after that.
Different materials. Generally, polypropylene pipe and float switch are the most common choice because they will handle most applications. However for extremely aggressive chemicals we offer a Kynar (PVDF) pipe and float switch. In addition, we also have stainless steel models available. These are often used in Hazardous Locations. See Intrinsically Safe alarms here.
Available in any Depth. We use the term “working depth” to mean the depth of the pipe actually inside your tank. More info and diagram here. Generally the tank alarms are available in 10 inch increments, even as long as 20 feet! However we only keep stock of units up to 60″. The working depth is added as a suffix onto the part numbers. For example, the polypropylene model T-PF-10 has a working depth of 10 inches.
High level alarm and low level alarm in the same unit. To switch between orientation, just reverse the float switch. (no tools required)
Each tank alarm includes a tank mount. The standard mounts are either:
- “Compression mount” which uses a rubber gland to provide a water-tight seal.
- The “Thumbscrew collar” which not leakproof, but offers very easy depth adjustment.
Both have a 1″ NPT thread. Both are PVC plastic.
If the situation requires, there are plenty of other mounting options in the “order” section below. (bolt-on flanges, bulkhead feedthroughs etc.) In short, we have mounted these on just about every tank or vessel imaginable so let us know if you need something else.
Polypropylene Tank Alarm
Polypropylene pipe + float switch.
Kynar Tank Alarm
Kynar pipe + Kynar float switch.
Relay Output with Cord
Switches a relay to control pumps or solenoids etc. Silences & tests alarm. Piggyback plug makes hookup easy. Instructions here
AC Power Cord
When plug-in AC power is preferred. Comes with 3-prong plug and 8-foot rubber-jacketed cord. Power convertor inside box.
Wireless Transmitter & Receiver
Wireless transmitter is put inside the level alarm which sends a wireless signal to the receiver. Buzzer is in the receiver instead of at the tank. A 10A relay is available in the receiver.
Remote Button Box
A button box connected by 10ft of cable so slience/testing can be done at ground level for applications where the tank alarm is on the top of a high tank.
A circuit board allows you to select N.C. or N.O. output to your PLC. Includes button to silence buzzer. Includes 10ft of communications cable. info here.
Extra cable length over the standard length. Heavy 0.032″ jacket for superior durability, Stranded conductors x 24 gage.
Different Buzzer Tones
Different buzzer tones to audibly identify different units. Hear the different tone types here. [BZ-xx] $18
Buzzer Volume Control
Sometimes our buzzers are too loud. Snap-on “muffler” reduces the volume by 20 db and anywhere in between just by rotating the slots.
For products that use a cable, this connector makes it easy to disconnect. Makes it easy to snake through tight places when installing.
Screened Float Guard (PP)
The screen completely encloses the float which allows for reliable operation in dirty liquids containing solids. These have even been used reliably on septic tanks.
Starter to control large pumps. Three phase or single phase. Pre-wired to the level device. Specify your motor size.