DIGITAL WATERPROOF PROCESS TIMER counts up or down and then it beeps and flashes when done.
- Waterproof – meant for tough industrial environments.
- Loudest buzzer. 103dB warbling tone cuts through the loudest industrial noise.
- Rugged. Built for rough, wet and corrosive environments.
- Simple and intuitive. No operator instructions needed.
- Battery powered. Uninterruptible Lithium battery lasts for years.
- Easy to use like a kitchen timer.
- Compact enclosure measures only 4 x 4 inches.
- Many different operating modes are built-in.
Digital Timer counts up or down from the time you set. When the cycle is completed, a very loud warbling buzzer sounds, and bright LED flashes. Its battery powered so no wires needed. And, installation can be as easy as sticking to a metal surface with the magnet option!
Easy to program with only three buttons.
In addition its built to survive the harshest environments so its waterproof, corrosion-proof IP65 enclosure is built for plating lines, commercial kitchens, factories, and any wet or corrosive environment.
The blue buttons adjust the time up or down like a kitchen timer. When the time is set, the large green button in front starts or stops the time cycle. That’s it!
There are many different operation modes available that can be selected with DIP switches. The default mode is a simple countdown. (or count up) In addition, there is an early warning signal where the buzzer produces a two second beep and the one of the LEDs illuminates. This early warning can be whatever time you choose. Also, you can choose which of the LEDs illuminates, either the front button or LED beacon.
Different operating modes that apply for this timer are:
- Mode 1 counts down from the set time and give an alarm when it reaches zero. An early warning is available on the front button LED. Cycle can be cancelled by holding the start button. If set time starts off at zero then it counts up. The cycle may be cancelled by pressing and holding the front button.
- Mode 2 is like mode 1 but does not allow cancellation of the cycle.
- Mode 4 allows pausing and re-starting the cycle until the time accumulates to set value. video here
- Mode 5 stops automatically at the end of cycle.
- Mode 6 switches the early warning to the beacon LED instead of on the button LED as in mode 1. Therefore the end-of-cycle alarm is on the front button.
- Mode 7 is a guard duty that requires the start button to pressed continually or else an alarm sounds (cycle repeats indefinitely).
More detail on these modes are on the “operating modes” datasheet below.
- Loud Buzzer produces 103dB at 2 ft. This is one of the loudest battery powered buzzers we know of. Because it has a warbling tone, makes the volume even more penetrating in loud factories. Often, its too loud and so we offer a snap-on muffler to reduce volume.
- Battery lasts for years because of the low-power circuitry.
- Wide time range. There is a low range up to 99 minutes, and a high range up to 99 hours. These are chosen with DIP switch #1. The default range is 0-99 minutes with the switch to the right.
Magnetic feet allow the timer to be mounted on steel surfaces like the front of an oven. These are very strong rare-earth magnets covered in rubber for extra friction. They will not vibrate out of position. In fact, you will probably be able to open your oven door by pulling on the timer. When this option is selected we get rid of the mounting ears unless you request otherwise.
Different buzzer tones are available to make it easy to distinguish between timers if there are a number of them in hearing range. Here is a link to the different tones.
Different color beacon LEDs. Again, to distiguish between timers we offer different color LEDs.
Finally, there is a silencing muffler available if the buzzer is too loud. This drops the sound by 20dB.
Both T4 models are battery powered and are the same in every respect except as follows:
T4 – has the time-setting buttons on the outside to easily set different time cycles.
T4X – has no external time-setting buttons, time is set from the inside buttons only. This is a good choice if it is best that the operators shouldn’t tamper with the time setting.
AC powered timers with relay output are on our T5 page
T4 instructions V51_510_02 (latest)
T4 instructions V41_55_02 (old)
T4 instructions V41_23_01 (old)
Operating modes chart version 51_510_01 (latest)
Operating modes chart version 41_56_02
Operating modes chart version 41_56_01
Operating mode chart version 41_55_02 (old)
Set time with external buttons $244
Set time with external buttons $268
Set time with internal buttons only $265
Four rare-earth magnets encapsulated in rubber allow the units to be mounted on metal surfaces like ovens. High friction, very strong so the timer stays put.
Alternate Color LED
Default color is red. Amber, blue, green, and white are options.
[BL-A] [BL-B] [BL-G] [BL-W]
Buzzer Volume Control
Sometimes our buzzers are too loud. Snap-on “muffler” reduces the volume by 20 db and anywhere in between just by rotating the slots.
Different Buzzer Tones
Different buzzer tones to audibly identify different units. Hear the different tone types here. [BZ-xx] $18
NIST traceable calibration by an independent laboratory. Our specification is 0.05% tolerance. Certificate will be shipped with the timer and include actual test times for the timer being calibrated. Certificates are also available online through our lab’s website. lab link here