Power Failure Alarm mounted in a standard wall outlet guarantees your device is getting power.
Why its the best power fail alarm
- Always on duty – ultra-low power consumption allows Lithium battery to last for 10 years or more.
- Very loud alarm. 103dB (like a smoke detector)
- Silence button with adjustable-time “snooze alarm”.
- Installation is easy. Just install 9V battery.
- Low Battery alarm. If the battery runs low, the Power Fail Alarm beeps and flashes to let you know.
- Fail safe plug detection. Alarms if your plug comes out of the receptacle!
- Pass-through design doesn’t take away an outlet.
The power outage alarm continuously monitors 120V AC power outlets and if there is an interruption, the LED flashes and a 103dB beeping alarm sounds to let you know. The alarm can be silenced by pushing the outside button.
A selectable “snooze alarm” feature will cause the alarm to sound again every 30 minutes until the fault is corrected.
Simple installation, just snap in the long-life lithium battery thats included. After that, you are protected for the next 10 years.
This is the only power outage alarm with a plug detection alarm. If your plug becomes unplugged from the power fail alarm itself, this is detected electrically, and the alarm sounds.
Very loud beeping audio buzzer – 103dB at 2 ft will never be missed even in noisy factories.
Extremely low power consumption allows the lithium battery (included) to last up to 10 years**. Will alarm for 50 hours straight with the supplied Lithium battery. After that time, if battery power is low due to excessive alarming time, a low-battery warning alarm sounds for many weeks.
more about battery power
Flexible logic so it can detect millisecond blips, (useful for computer equipment) or only report power outages longer than 10 seconds. Optional mode for a 15-minute delay for either the audible alarm or auxilliary output. This is set with switches inside the unit.
OUTLET MOUNT MODELS
Plugs into a 120VAC wall outlet.
Same as PFA-1 but also includes a flashlight feature. When power fails, a flashlight mounted in the bottom comes on to illuminate hallways. Remember: when power fails there will probably be no other lighting.
Has the same operation and features as the PFA-1 but includes a relay output. Can be N.C. or N.O. Relay output is a sustained contact close for the same duration as the power outage. Useful for connection to building alarm systems, connection to autodialers, or to turn on backup systems.
- Maximum pass-through current 15A
- Piezo buzzer volume 103 dB at 2 feet
- Piezo buzzer diaphragm stainless steel
- Operating temperature -40C to 65C
- Box size 105 mm tall x 67deep x 55 wide
- Polystyrene box material
- Weight without battery 181g
- Output contact closure N.O or N.C., 10A carry current.
- Power consumption (idle) 11 micro-amps
- Power consumption (alarm) 30 mA
- Battery life (alarm state) 4 days
PFA-1 or PFA-2
From $108. Price includes Lithium battery
Lithium battery included.
90o Plug Adapter
If your device has only 2-prongs, gluing this to your 2 prong plug allows use of the plug detection feature.
Extra cable length over the standard length of 10 feet. Heavy 0.032″ jacket for superior durability. Four stranded conductors x 24 gage.