The TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER, ALARM and DATA-LOGGER monitors tank temperature. Warns of temperature deviations while keeping a permanent record of data.
- LOUD Alarm Buzzer with warbling tone – it will be heard over plant noise.
- Datalogging – 100 year data storage.
- Waterproof. Suitable for washdown duty in plating shops.
- 10A output to control heater solenoids and pumps or other devices.
- Convenient USB data download.
- Battery backup.
- Tank Shutdown and heat-up mode built in.
- Auxilliary relay output for building alarm systems or auto dialers.
- Built-in power failure alarm.
- Broken cable detection alarm.
- NADCAP compliant
Temperature controller and alarm with built-in data-logging for industrial process heating.
This digital data logger temperature monitoring device controls temperature. A 10A relay controls solenoids and small pumps directly.
Records temperature and keeps a digital temperature log automatically. Records a temperature reading every 2 minutes – even during power outages. Retrieve the data with a flash drive.
Alarms if temperature goes out of range with a stack light and loud buzzer.
Easy to install and set up. Ideal for plating operations.
When the temperature is outside the limits you set, the unit sounds an alarm with a 103dB warbling buzzer and a flashing beacon LED. Pressing the green pushbutton silences the buzzer, while the LED continues to flash as a warning that the temperature is not OK. 60 minute “snooze alarm” if temperature not corrected can be enabled.
Alarm set-points can be either a fixed high and low, or a deviation from a floating set-point. (further discussion in the instruction video, and also in the printed instructions)
If power fails, the TCAD-2 alerts with an alarm. It will run from battery until the battery runs out which is about 12 hours, or to preserve battery life, you can select to have it run for only 2 hours before it shuts down. The battery voltage is checked every 12 hours and the TCAD-2 gives a separate alarm if battery needs replacement.
For tanks that will be shut down periodically, the TCAD-2 makes this convenient pressing the red button. When this happens, the buzzer will not sound persistently but is limited to only short chirps to notify you of status changes. When the tank is ready to put back into service, press the green button: the temperature alarm knows that the tank is cold and will need time to get up to temperature so the buzzer does not alarm right away. Instead, the buzzer chirps when the desired temperature range has been reached. After that, the buzzer will sound if temperature strays out of range. Throughout all of this this stack lights continue to indicate if temperature is in or out-of range, and data collection continues.
Integrated Liquid Level Alarms
There are inputs for two float switches. If the liquid level falls below an upper float switch, an alarm is given on a the blue stack light. (and buzzer) If the second liquid level is reached, then the relay output is disabled.
Alarm Output Relay
A relay output is available for connection to a building alarm or dialer. This output can be delayed 15 minutes with a setting on the PCB. (to give the operator a chance to correct the problem before emergency services might be called)
Simple to Install
Everything is set up at the factory so you can immediately test it just by plugging it in. The only further setup needed is to set the exact temperature alarm limits you want. Video instructions here Thermocouple with thermowell and mounting plate included.
Immersion heaters greater than 10A can be controlled with the on-board relay.
1. SNOOZE ALARM – we recommend leaving this enabled so that after any alarm is silenced it will remind you again in 60minutes.
2. RELAY OUTPUT DELAY – the relay output is for connection to PLCs or building alarm systems, heat control, etc.. The relay output can have a 15 minute delay.
3. BATTERY ON/OFF – The unit comes with a battery as standard but it can be disabled so there will not be a battery check every 12 hours. (it will still run from a backup battery if installed, it just won’t do a voltage check every 12 hours)
4. MASTER/SLAVE option is for multiple units wired together so they can all be put in idled or put in “active” mode by pressing a single button on the master box.
Exporting the data is done by plugging a flash drive which will download the current and previous month of data. If more data is needed, the micro-SD card on the circuit board keeps a complete history.
Shown in the table below are the variables that are recorded. From left to right: Date, Time, System status (OK or fault) Liquid Level (OK or Not) Thermocouple sensor (OK or not) the temperature Set Value, Present Value (measured value) and the Alarm Status. All of these are recorded every 2 minutes.
Controller, Alarm, Datalogger
Extra cable length over the standard length of 10 feet. Heavy 0.032″ jacket for superior durability. Four stranded conductors x 24 gage.
FLOAT SWITCH LEVEL PROBE
10 ft cable length standard
4800 mA-hr back up battery will run the TCAD for approximately 24 hours continuously without power. Or if DIP switch is set to 2 hrs, then 10 power failure events.