The TEMPERATURE ALARM and DATA-LOGGER monitors tank temperature. Warns of temperature deviations while logging a record of the data.
- LOUD Buzzer volume is 103dB with warbling tone – it will be heard over plant noise.
- Broken cable detection alarm.
- Waterproof. Suitable for washdown duty.
- Battery backup.
- Datalogging – 50 year data storage.
- Convenient USB data download.
- Dual display of process temp. and setpoint.
- Tank Shutdown and heat-up mode built in.
- Auxilliary relay output.
- Built-in power failure alarm.
- Detection of many system faults
Temperature Alarm with built-in data-logging. Simple stack-LED indication if temperature is in range while logging a temperature reading every 2 minutes. Super easy to retrieve the data with a flash drive.
When the temperature is outside the limits you set, the unit produces an alarm with a LOUD warbling buzzer and a flashing beacon LED. Pressing the green pushbutton silences the buzzer, while the LED continues to flash as a warning that the temperature is not OK. If the temperature is not corrected after 60 minutes then the buzzer sounds again with the “snooze alarm” enabled.
If power fails, the TDA-1 alerts with an alarm. It continues to collect data for up to 4 days on battery power alone. In normal operation the battery voltage is checked every 12 hours and the TDA-1 gives a separate alarm if battery needs replacement.
1. SNOOZE ALARM – we recommend leaving this enabled so that after any alarm is silenced it will remind you again in 60minutes.
2. RELAY OUTPUT DELAY – the relay output is for connection to PLCs or building alarm systems, heat control, etc.. The relay output can have a 15 minute delay.
3. BATTERY ON/OFF – The unit comes with a battery as standard but it can be disabled so there will not be a battery check every 12 hours. (it will still run from a backup battery if installed, it just won’t do a voltage check every 12 hours)
4. MASTER/SLAVE – this is for multiple TDA-1 units wired together so they can all be put in idled or put in “active” mode by pressing a single button on the master box.
Integrated Liquid Level Alarm
If the liquid level falls below a float switch, an alarm is given on a separate stack LED. Or this PCB input can also be used any dry contact output from other devices like door switches, timers etc..
Relay Alarm Output
A 2A relay output is built-in for connection to a building alarm or auto-dialer. This output can be delayed 15 minutes with a setting on the PCB. (to give the operator a chance to correct the problem before emergency services might be called)
For tanks that will be shut down periodically, the TDA-1 makes this convenient pressing the red button. When this happens, the buzzer will not sound persistently but is limited to only short chirps to notify you of status changes. When the tank is ready to put back into service, press the green button: the temperature alarm knows that the tank is cold and will need time to get up to temperature so the buzzer does not alarm right away. Instead, the buzzer chirps when the desired temperature range has been reached. After that, the buzzer will sound if temperature strays out of range. Throughout all of this this stack lights continue to indicate if temperature is in or out-of range, and data collection continues.
Simple to Install
Everything is set up at the factory so you can immediately test it just by plugging it in. The only further setup needed is to set the exact temperature alarm limits you want. Video instructions here Thermocouple and backup battery are included.